Details and dates for the 2020-2021 Kindergarten open houses, which take place in 2019, click here:
- Online using Kindergarten Connect.
- In person at an Enrollment Office
388 West 125th Street (7th Floor) New York, 10027 718-935-2385 Districts Served: 3, 5, 6 (8am – 3pm, Mon – Fri)
- Over the phone by calling 718-935-2400 (8am – 6pm, Mon – Fri)
All families should submit an application in order to receive a kindergarten placement. Admission is not first-come, first-served. All applications received by the deadline are treated the same, according to schools’ admissions priorities.Admission priorities are as follows:
1. Zoned students with verified siblings.
2. Zoned students without siblings
3. Non-zoned students who reside in district and have siblings in the school who will be articulating into grades 1 – 4.
4. Non-zoned students who live out of district and have siblings in the school who will be articulating into grades 1 – 4
5. Non-zoned, in district students
6. Out of district students
SPECIAL EDUCATION SERVICES
All families, including those of students with disabilities, should submit an application in order to receive a kindergarten placement. Admission is not first-come, first-served. All applications received by the deadline are treated the same, according to schools’ admissions priorities. Visit the Special Education Kindergarten Enrollment page,by clicking here.
GIFTED & TALENTED ADMISSIONS
Visit the DOE’s Gifted and Talented page http://schools.nyc.gov/Academics/GiftedandTalented/default.htm
DIRECTORY OF SCHOOLS
You can find the Elementary School Directory online here. The directory provides detailed information about the admissions process and will help you to explore elementary school options available for your child.
Visit DOE’s Calendar and Events page http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnrollment/Elementary/CalendarandEvents/default.htm
SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES
You can subscribe to receive email updates about events and deadlines from the NYC Dept of Education.